Travel Social Impact Lab: Detroit
Why does Detroit attract so many innovators? What role is the Jewish community playing in creating change in Detroit? What ingredients are required to build a better city?
Join the Greenhouse on it’s inaugural Travel Social Impact Lab over President’s Day weekend when we partner with Repair the World and other local government, business and non-profit leaders to explore Detroit through the lens of social innovation.
- Spend a day with a local entrepreneur to explore their Detroit
- Eat at restaurants that also are social enterprises
- Stay in hip Downtown Detroit to experience a local innovation ecosystem
- Visit local Social Impact Projects and engage with professionals from both within and beyond the Jewish community who are doing the work
- Meet local Jewish youth and young adults working to make Detroit a more equitable and fun place to live
Who: 9th – 12th graders
When: Friday, February 16 2018 – Monday February, 19 2018
Cost: $1,150 includes flight, local transportation in Detroit, all meals, lodging, and social events! Some scholarship money is available.
Questions: Contact Rebecca Schumer
*Space is limited to ten participants*
Application deadline: January 6, 2018