What does it look like to create an innovation solution to housing in New York City? Join us as a social impact fellow for our first lab of 2018. Teen fellows will spend the semester visiting housing innovations around NYC, researching and defining what is the “housing issue” that innovators are responding to in their work, identify resources available to create a solution, and then create (or hack!) a real-life innovation of his/her own.
Who: 9th – 12th graders
When: 8 sessions, Tuesday nights, 6:15 - 8 pm: Jan 30, Feb 20, Feb 27, March 13, March 27, April 17, May 1, May 15.
Where: Locations will vary and will be provided to Fellows upon registration.
Requirement: Fellows must attend minimum of 6 of the 8 sessions.
Cost: $400. Scholarship money is available.
Questions: Contact Rebecca Schumer
- Spend a day with a local entrepreneur to explore their Detroit
- Eat at restaurants that also are social enterprises
- Stay in hip Downtown Detroit to experience a local innovation ecosystem
- Visit local Social Impact Projects and engage with professionals from both within and beyond the Jewish community who are doing the work
- Meet local Jewish youth and young adults working to make Detroit a more equitable and fun place to live